The Dutchwoman Ineke Hans was born in 1966. Ineke Hans graduated from the University of the Arts in Arnhem, the Netherlands, in 1991 and from the Royal College of Art in London in 1995. She is famous for the "Ordinary Furniture" made of recycled synthetics and her black children's collection, as well as for the use of black porcelain.
She founded her own design studio in Arnhem in 1998, where she designs for manufacturers such as Swarovski, Habitat UK Ltd. and Royal VKB today. Her book "Black Bazaar; Design Dilemmas" was published in 2003.
Ineke Hans has currently received the following design awards:
- 2005 - Red Dot Award for Garlic Crusher for RoyalVKB (NL)
- 2003 - Pewter on the Table
- Black Beauties and Black Gold nominated for Rotterdam Designprijs 2003 (NL)
- 1999 - Ordinary Tables nominated Rotterdam Designprijs 1999 (NL)
- 1997 - winner Furniture Futures Award 1997, by Design Week Magazine (UK)
- 1994 - second prize Storage for Europe for Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers (UK)
- 1993 - first prize Floordesign for Forbo Krommenie (NL)
- honourable mention Design for Europe for International Interior Biennale Kortrijk (B)
- honourable mention Progretto '93 for Arflex Milan (I)
Website by Ineke Hans